How to write film reviews – free eBook
Welcome to the BestForFilm eBook: a comprehensive, no-nonsense and hopefully seriously helpful guide for those wanting to get into the world of film journalism.
Firstly, congratulations on choosing a career path that is almost impossible to navigate; we like your style. Bond’s got nothing on you, and frankly, he drinks like a girl.
Ready to learn how to get published writing film reviews?
Here’s what you can expect to find:
Film journalism qualifications
• Can a film journalism degree really help?
• Lack of film journalism qualifications – what to do next
How to write film reviews that get published
• The film journalism industry – what it’s really like
• Getting the basics right
• 6 Steps to writing great film reviews
• Improve your film writing skills – tips and resources
• Impress online editors – How to write film reviews for the web
Promoting yourself as a film critic
• How to establish yourself as a film critic with a blog
• Turning your film reviews blog into an online CV
• Getting people to read your blog and trust your voice as a film reviewer
• The DOs and DON’Ts of film blogging
• The DOs and DON’Ts of promoting yourself as a film critic on Facebook and Twitter
Submitting your film reviews to publishers
• Researching film review sites and film publications
• Where to submit your film reviews and features
• Matching a film publication’s house style
• Appealing to editors
How to get a regular paid job in film journalism
• Film journalism internships
• Places to look for film review jobs / freelance
• Job interviews at film publications – how to prepare and what to expect
We love film and want to see more film critics writing fantastic film reviews. So download our eBook on how to get ahead in film journalism – it’s FREE.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE EBOOK NOW: How to write film reviews as a paid film critic
You’re just about ready to get started on building the writing career of your dreams.